Well... Looks as though I can't sign off for the year (or even the evening) just yet...
Papa Bear has nominated OTS for a "Stylish Blogger Award." (Now proudly added on the Right.) I would like to extend my sincere thanks, as well as execute my duties as a recipient.
In accordance with the rules, one must state seven things about themselves, and then nominate three other blogs for the award. So here goes:
1) I write a comic strip about my two sons, who have autsim. XP
2) I have a love of baseball that borders on mental illness. (Go Red Sox!)
3) My favorite filmmaker is Akira Kurosawa, though admittedly this is a very recent development. (And I'm close to being torn between him and Masaki Kobayashi.)
4) I have a Border Collie-Cattle Dog mix named Haley who didn't make it into the strip for almost two years.
5) I'm an engineer. (Which some people seem to think might explain a thing or two...)
6) I don't watch televison, but couldn't live without movies and anime. (And, of course, the occasional baseball game!)
7) I'm much older, balder and fatter than the "Dad" character who's drawn here!
And for the blogs I would like to nominate:
1) Kicking Kittens
Autismherd, has already been picked, in the exact same post as OTS was as a matter of fact, but I want to strongly "second" that well deserved nomination by nominating Kathleen's other Blog. (The one with the deliciously evil name!) It's probably worth mentioning that Autsimherd was the first blog that started syndicating this one, AND that she put me in touch with the good folks over at Autisable, so I owe her for a lot publicity. But personal gratitude aside, Kathleen is a really cool blogger and both her personal blog ('herd) and her compilation blog ('kittens) are totally worth checking out. (And I agree 110% with PapaBear: I can't imagine having four kids, let alone three on the Spectrum. So, yeah: She deserves an award... So here's a second one!)
Was is it with these awesome names? I can't believe I actually thought "On the Spectrum" was somehow clever at one point! And what adorable kids! If it weren't for my Michael and Jacob, I could SO see those two in a comic strip! The love and affection in that family really comes through in their blog in a way that I can only hope ours does in mine.
3) A Life Less Ordinary
I hate to admit it, but I'm usually not a huge fan of reading people's personal blogs. And that's rather a bit hypcritical, seeing as how I want people to read mine! LOL. But sometimes I read people's anecdotes and take on things and think, "They just... get it." (And surprisingly, NO, that doesn't happen just because someone else happns to have autism in their life!) This is one of those blogs.
So congratulations! Make sure to keep the chain going, or I'm sure something terrible will happen! LOL