"All that is gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost."
~J.R.R.Tolkien

"It is with the utmost affection for my own children and autistic children everywhere that I share these stories."
~Scott

Sunday, August 16, 2009

On the Spectrum #32 - A likely story

(click to enlarge)

Yeah... DW wasn't too happy with me that day. And I can't say I blame her - it took us a a few weeks to re-teach him the difference between ice cream and broccoli! So yeah, I kind of won "Worst Parent in the World" that day!  There's nothing like sabotaging your son's language development just because you don't want to share the ice cream!

www.myspace.com/on_the_spectrum

3 comments:

WarrenSensei said...

The 2y/o daughter of one of my gradschool classmates is completely convinced that I am Jesus. My name is Warren... we keep trying to convince her of this fact, but she seems to think we're trying to trick her. It's so cute, but for the sake of her theology, we probably have to deal with this...

Scott Lynn said...

I think it's the beard. LOL.

Isabel said...

Scott thank you for sharing your stories with us. I don't have children with autism but I work with students that are autistic, mostly high functioning, and truly amongst the difficulties they go through there is the humour and wonderful times when you just want to hug them tight out of pure joy (unless they have sensory issues, hehe). But thank you again, they are lovely and super funny stories!! Hugs Isabel