"All that is gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost."
~J.R.R.Tolkien

"It is with the utmost affection for my own children and autistic children everywhere that I share these stories."
~Scott

Sunday, August 16, 2009

On the Spectrum #42 - An Engineer's Life

(click to enlarge)

To answer your questions:
1) Yes, I am actually a seatbelt engineer.
2) Yes, it is possible for seat belt webbing to cut you if it routes over your neck. It's not common though, because...
3) Yes, we check the vehicle design to make sure it's routes so that this won't happen to most people.
and
4) Yes, given all that, it was Becky, Michael's speech therapist, who figured out what gave him the cut on his neck.

(It was a real high-point in my career, let me tell you!)

www.myspace.com/on_the_spectrum

No comments: