"All that is gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost."
~J.R.R.Tolkien

"It is with the utmost affection for my own children and autistic children everywhere that I share these stories."
~Scott

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Welcome

Hello! Welcome to "On the Spectrum". This blog is meant to serve as a second home to my webcomic, On the Spectrum. OTS is also has a MySpace page: (www.myspace.com/on_the_spectrum)

This is a web comic about AUTSIM that I started publishing in late July, 2008. In it I share stories about my family's humorous and sometimes frustrating experiences in raising our two autistic sons Michael and Jacob. I hope that nobody gets the impression that I am 'making fun' of anyone, or taking a very serious issue lightly. There are three principals that guide my work: (1) that it is important and good to LAUGH. (2) That we have this in common, and the more we realize how many other people share what we have the less alone we will all feel. (3) That autistic childeren are first and foremost CHILDREN. And they have all the same desire to be a kid as every other kid... it just gets expressed a little differently.

I should mention up front that I am an absolute comment whore. I LOVE hearing what every thinks, and finding out about similar experiecnes that they had. So PLEASE feel free to leave comments, ask questions, share stories, let me know what you like (or don't), anything really. And I'm generally pretty good about answering back.

It is with the utmost affecton for my own children and autistic childeren everywhere that I share these stories. I hope you enjoy them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So hi. I have seen your comics on autisable, that site in the xanga network. I don't actually know anyone with autism, although I have dealt with autistic children a few times in the past. But either way, I find it very interesting, and I loved your comics. I finally tracked down where you actually have all of them posted, and yes, I did just go through every single one. You guys seem like a very happy family, and I am very impressed with how well you seem to handle situations. Not only that, but to see how much you love and appreciate your children is heartwarming. Thank you so much for sharing, and I'm sure I'll stop by every now and again for updates. :)

Scott Lynn said...

Thanks so much for your kind words. Unfortunately UPDATES have been basically non-existant for several months now. (I'll post something about why and what the future holds soo though.) Anyway, in the meantime, I'm glad you've enjoyed them.

Stacey C. said...

My husband and I just spent a few hours going through your entire blog. We haven't laughed this much in a long time, probably since we found out our 3-year-old son has autism. Thank you so much for showing us the humor in this whole journey and for sharing your stories with us! It's so amazing to see people having the same exact experiences!